Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011

We had a great Easter this year.  Avery and Greyson woke up to a trail of Easter Bunny fur (cotton balls)coming down the stairs.  Avery knows the drill and quickly followed the trail to the playroom where she found an empty egg carton and two pair of bunny ears.  She helped Greyson put on his ears and the Egg hunt began.  Greyson wasn't much of a hunter, but he did follow Ave to find their final eggs in the kitchen next to their Easter baskets.




 The kids with all their loot.  Greyson was all about the chocolate eggs.  We thought we had put all the candy away when the kids had had enough...but then Greyson kept coming up to us randomly throughout the day with colored foil in his mouth.  Later we saw him pop a chocolate egg in his mouth foil wrapper and all, chew it up and spit out the wrapper after he had sucked it clean. Nice.
 All the Hunters, lined up and ready to run!
 I had a little pep talk with Avery before the hunt began, as Easter Egg hunts were kind of a big deal in my family.  To my surprise she already had her strategy all figured out, and executed it perfectly.  She reminded me that we count up all the eggs at the end to make sure each kid gets to take home the same amount.  How sweet, I can't say she learned that from me...Easter just wasn't complete unless I beat my sister year after year...don't cry Nicki!



We celebrated our final Easter in Buffalo with the Kelli, Beecher, Chris, Zannah and the kids with a big Easter dinner.  We made a ham, Grandma Janet's homemade mac & cheese and baked beans.  It was delish!  And Zannah brought over this most adorable speckled robins egg cake! So cute!

1 comment:

Ariel said...

The easter baskets and cake are adorable! I can't believe how big grayson is.